Speira – Outstanding Mother’s Day gifts
Mothering Sunday has been celebrated in the UK since the 16th Century, and a lot has changed since then. Not least, motherhood.
For many of us, the days of giving Mum a potted plant and a flowery thank you card are long over, in part because today’s mothers aren’t usually waiting around to be thanked. Mothers today don’t generally wear aprons and spend all day baking – unless they run a bakery, nor do they sit in rocking chairs and knit. Today’s mothers often become entrepreneurs when their children leave home, or start climbing mountains, or taking degrees in esoteric subjects … in other words, they live complete and exciting lives.
Speira is the perfect place to find stunning, hand-crafted pieces to celebrate each of our unique Mums on Mother’s Day. Why? Because of our goal of finding talented jewellery designers to create superb pieces that have clean, elegant, minimal lines, use only the finest metals, gems and other elements, and will become multi-generational heirlooms. It’s a bold mission, but we believe the Speira collections fulfil it perfectly.
Whether your mum is a fashion-conscious urbanite, a committed environmental activist, or actually a bakery owner, we’ve definitely got exactly the right piece of jewellery to show her how much she means to you:
- For the ‘Advanced Style’ mum – a high style gold plated ring from The Amphitheater Collection, with one really special feature. It’s adjustable, which means for older fingers, which can have enlarged knuckles, it always achieves a perfect fit. CLICK
- For nature loving mothers – Mary Samoli’s gold-plated silver Butterfly earrings are the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Depicting a single butterfly in two elegant halves, the design incorporates carefully matched freshwater pearls. CLICK
- For ‘Mama Mia’ mamas – bringing boho chic right up to date, Vally Kontidis has created a four spiral choker with both gold and rhodium plated silver spirals on a soft cord which echoes the traditional patterns of Greek design, and perfectly captures happy moments on the Greek islands. CLICK
- For active living mothers – this minimal 9k gold and silver bracelet is ideal for those mums who run, sail, climb or lift weights, and many do! Dimitris Huffy combines superb final design with thoughtful use of materials to create a piece that works in all settings, no matter how extreme. CLICK
- For mums who love to dance – the Sofia enamelled necklace, designed by Myrto Grigori, is the prefect Mother’s Day gift. Inspired by the art of the ballerina, each ‘dancing tutu’ encapsulates the perfect line of famous ballerinas. CLICK
And if you still think we haven’t got the absolutely perfect piece to delight your mother on Mother’s Day, we have a ‘made to order’ service that allows you to work with a designer to commission something truly unique – just like your mum!